Celebration of the 50th and 60th wedding anniversaries of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Cochran, parents of Mrs. Raley, was made in the years long ago on the same farm home where Mr. and Mrs. Raley have so long resided. Pasted within a scrapbook held sacred by members of the family are articles which tell of those anniversary days and a reproduction is given here in the very words used then. It is notable that, the anniversary events occurred on the same farm and the record of them is well worth recording.
The 50th wedding anniversary of Mr. James Raley and wife, who reside near Middleburg, was an event on Sept 6, 1918. The revered couple were surrounded by kindred and friends the entire day.
An elaborate dinner was partaken of within the home and the children were specially privileged to have the table set apart for them out of doors. Remarks were made at the anniversary by Homer Stanley, West Liberty; Rev. Mr. Gibbons, West Mansfield; Henry Butler, manager of the Order Department of the Youngstown Sheet and Tube Company.
Mr. and Mrs. Raley were the recipients of many suitable gifts, including many crocheted remembrances and any number of personal articles, some beautiful flowers and other favors that will long be held dear. The gold pieces given included two McKinley dollars.
Guests present for the anniversary from away were given:
- Mr. and Mrs. Albert Weir and children Helen, Robert, Laura, Mae, Herbert, and Mary Louise
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry Woolam and daughter Katherine
- Mrs. Laura Agler, of Columbus
- Mrs. Anna Rumer and daughter, Faith, of Chillicothe
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry Butler, and daughter, Mary Grace of Youngstown
- Austin Heath and Elisha Heath, both of Youngstown
- Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Raley and granddaughter, Mabel Morse, of Marysville
- Mr. and Mrs W. S. Gibbons and son, Wayne, and grandson, Lewis McCollough
- Mr. and Mrs. Claude Derr
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hindel
- Mrs. Etta Patton of West Mansfield
- Mrs. Mary Stokes and Mrs. Nan Adams of Bellefontaine
- Mrs. Jesse Steen-Pearce of Clevelend
- Mrs. H. 0. Marquis and daughters Dorothy and Marjorie of Lafayette, Ind.
- Mr. and Mrs. S. H. Stanley of West Liberty
- Mr. and Mrs. George Hite
- Mrs. Malissa Sharp
- Mrs. Jane Watkins
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles Outland of East Liberty
- Mr. and Mrs. John B. Johnson and daughter, Lois of East Liberty
- Mr. and Mrs. Clifton Bowers of Zanesfield
- Mrs. Lucy Rumor
- Mrs. Alice LeValley of Ridgeway
- Mrs. Mary Heath
- Mrs. LaVilla Euans
- George Cochran
- Mr. and Mrs. E. 0. Heath and children Shirley, Homer, and Irma Grace
- Mr. and Mrs. George Heath and children Dwight, Madeline, Anna Bell, Wayne, and David
- Mrs. Joseph Sharp
- Mrs. Jennie Antrim
- Mrs. Mae Weatherby, and
- Mrs. A. L. Foster, of Middleburg